A non-exhaustive list of the different projects I am/have been part of.
- CTI funding
- Collaboration with Fastcom Technology S.A. and Idiap Research Institute
- HES-SO project
- Collaboration with HE-ARC
- Hasler Stiftung funding
- Collaboration with University of Fribourg and EPFL
- emoTV – emotion recognition in multimedia content for empathic TV
- eRS – Emotional Recognition System
- Football Monitoring (2017) – Xavier Tornare
- Bachelor Thesis and Bachelor semester project – In this project, algorithms are developed allowing the detection of events in football games, by analyzing players movements. Interactive visualizations are also created, in a web application.
- FieldViz Monitoring (2017) – Daniel Garcia Barros
- Bachelor Thesis and Bachelor semester project – In this project, a mobile application has been developed allowing FieldViz users to upload the recorded games to the server, and visualize the data as well.
- Applications web progressives: le future de nos apps (2016-2017) – John Pinheiro & Joao Ventura
- Semester project – Design and implementation of a Progressive Web Application (PWA) to access the menus of the nearby University cafeterias.
- AccessMedia (2016-2017) – Matthias Christe
- Semester project – Design and implementation of an access management model for a web portal, using the Django web Framework.
- RaD-Journal (2016-2017) – William Greppi
- Semester project – Design and implementation of a new infrastructure for the Ra&D journal, available through mobile applications (Android & iOS).
- FieldViz (2016) – Lukas Hayoz
- Bachelor Thesis – The goal of this project is the use of machine learning algorithms to automatically detect events in football games based on players GPS positions.
- BART: Better AdveRtising for Tv (2015) – Luca Nestola
- Bachelor Thesis and Bachelor semester project – If in a perfect user centric world, we would have ad-free televisions, economic reality is: we cannot live without it. Why not immagine a new diffusion model then, more suitable for users? The idea of this project is to design a dynamic advertising system, without interrupting the television stream, by integrating them in the second screen in an interactive and fun way. For instance, advertising could be integrated in small games. Advertising should also be contextual, personalized, and proposed to the user in the right time.
- La télévision émotionnelle au service des personnes malentendantes et malvoyantes (2015) – Laurie Saucy, Céline Horii & Jocelyn Duc
- Master of Science in Business Administration: Project Innovation Discovery & Technology Transfer – The goal of this project was to write a conceptual paper about the concept of emoTV and its potential for development and possible application spectrum.
- Sensi-TV (2014-2015) – Diana Affi
- Master Thesis – The aim of the research project SensiTV is to make possible for the visually and hearing impaired to live empathic viewing experiences by feeling the emotions emanating from the movie that they do not have the opportunity to enjoy because of their disability. In order to achieve this goal, an automated system for audio-visual emotion extraction should be implemented which will be linked to another module determining the output technique that should be used to share the detected sentiment on a given time with the audience. This automated system will improve the TV viewing experience to the audibly and visually impaired so they could forget about their disabilities.
- Android-TV: Emotion transmission for hearing impaired (2014-2015) – Luzi Widmer and Luca Nestola
- Bachelor semester project – A large part of the emotion contained in a movie is conveyed through the soundtrack (music, sound effects, actor voices modulations, etc.). It is then difficult for hearing impaired people to take full advantage of audio-visual content. The objective of this project is to design and develop an emotional transmission system for the hearing impaired with Android-TV.
- MEMORIES (2013-2014) – Vincent Pasquier
- Master thesis – A system helping in the computer science conference organization, with academic research trending topics prediction.
- Master deepening project – A system helping in the scientific conference organization, by program comitte members extraction and candidate proposition, for a specialized topic.
- User attention and emotion detection for NGTV (2013-2014) – Diana Affi
- Master deepening project – Attention detection of a user watching TV, and enhanced interactions according to it. The proof of concept controls the music player of the living room depending of the attention of the user on the TV.
- IdTV (2013-2014) – Daniel Moreira Da Silva
- Semester project – Multi-user identification in the familial TV context, with Microsoft Kinect
- Shot boundaries detection (2013) – Nicolas Noël
- Master deepening project – A system performing shot detection and keyframe extraction on videos, using different techniques (such color histograms and edge change ratio).
- NetObservatory web interface – Web design and web development of the NetObservatory website and web application.
- GERBIL – GEsture Recognition using a BraIn Lightweight headset, in order to pilot a smart wheelchair through user brain waves.
- NAVIR – The goal was to develop a visualization and navigation application in a scientific conference context.
- SVPool – Semi-virtual reality game of pool, using a real cue stick on a Microsoft like surface.
- ARODE – Augmented Reality Open Dynamics Engine: integration of an open source physics engine (ODE) within an augmented-reality environment.